2015 - The British Library
Thursday 29 October 2015 10:30am - 2:30pm
Guest speaker: Mark Stevenson
This year our guest speaker was Mark Stevenson, an entrepreneur, best-selling author, broadcaster and expert on global trends and innovation. For more about Mark visit www.markstevenson.org.
Videos of presentations from the ProVen VCTs investment manager - Beringea - and from two of the portfolio companies can be found in the grey panel on the top right of this page, or you may prefer to subscribe to Beringea’s YouTube channel CLICK HERE.
Feedback from the event was very positive with many shareholders commenting on quality of the presentations and the benefits of meeting the team. Details of next years event will be published mid 2016.
29 October 2015 - Agenda
10:00am Registration and coffee
11:00am Presentations including:
- Address by Mark Stevenson - 'The future, and what to do about it'
- ProVen VCTs' performance update from Stuart Veale
- ProVen VCTs' investment strategy update from Trevor Hope
- Beringea Growth Finance update from Mark Taylor
- Presentation from portfolio company Chargemaster
- Presentation from portfolio company MyOptique Group
- Questions and Answers Session
1:15pm Light lunch and a chance to meet the VCT directors and the investment management team as well as a chance to met a number of our portfolio companies who were exhibiting stands.
Exhibiting this year were:
- Chargemaster – UK’s leading designer, manufacturer & operator of electronic vehicle charging points
- D3O – UK developer of shock absorbing smart materials
- InSkin – A market-leading advertising technology business
- MyOptique – Europe’s leading online eyewear retailer
- Sealskinz – British endurance accessories brand
- Simplestream – Leading provider of live streaming services for broadcast TV channels
- Watchfinder – Reseller of pre-owned luxury watches
2.15pm Optional VCT tax seminar and Q&A session with Kathryn Robertson