2016 - The British Library
Tuesday 15 November - 10:30am - 3pm
Guest speaker: Calum Chace
This year our guest speaker was Calum Chace an expert on artificial intelligence and its likely future impact on society. He is also the author of: 'The Economic Singularity' and the philosophical science fiction novel 'Pandora's Brain'. For more about Calum visit his blog https://calumchace.wordpress.com/
Videos of presentations from Calum Chace, the ProVen VCTs investment manager - Beringea, and from two of the portfolio companies can be found in the grey panel on the top right of this page, or you may prefer to subscribe to Beringea’s YouTube channel CLICK HERE.
Feedback from the event was very positive with many shareholders commenting on the quality of the presentations and the benefits of meeting the team. Details of next years event will be published mid 2017.
10:30am Registration and coffee
11:00am Presentations including:
- 'The Century of Two Singularities’ an address by Calum Chace
- ProVen VCTs' performance update from Beringea’s Managing Partner, Stuart Veale
- ProVen VCTs' portfolio update from Beringea’s Chief Investment Officer, Karen McCormick
- ‘When things don't go as planned' from Beringea's Investment Director, Maria Wagner
- Presentation from Stuart Hennell, CEO of Watchfinder a ProVen portfolio company
- Presentation from John Pettifor, CEO of Cogora a ProVen portfolio company
Questions and Answers Session
1:15pm Light Lunch
A chance to meet the VCT Directors and members of the Investment Management team, as well as a chance to meet a number of our portfolio companies who were exhibiting stands.
Exhibiting this year were:
- Chess Dynamics - providers EO solutions within the defence and security sectors.
- D3O – UK developer of shock absorbing smart materials
- InSkin – A market-leading advertising technology business
- Sealskinz – British endurance accessories brand
- Watchfinder – Reseller of pre-owned luxury watches
- Donatantonio - Fine Food Importers and Distributors since 1902
- Cogora - Integrated Media and marketing services company
2.15pm Optional VCT tax seminar and Q&A session with Philip Hare of Philip Hare Associates LLP